CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

We Made it through...:-)

Well Ethan's first week of Kindergarten is finished. Everything went really well.
On the first full day he came back to the daycare and had this look on his face like something was wrong. I called the school and talked to his teacher and she goes by the red, yellow, and green stop light for behavior. She told me that Ethan had had a yellow day that day because him and another child were playing around when they were suppose to be looking at a book...well I think Ethan was kind of upset about this and I had talked to him that night and the next three days to finish up the week were all green and he even got a pecial bug today and he got to pick out of the treasure box! I was very proud of him. I think he knows now that it's a little different and things have changed. So besides that everything has gone pretty well. His teacher also sent home a newsletter on Tuesday that said he had to know 10 sight words by Friday. WHAT!?!?!?!? I was really shocked and didn't really know that this was coming SO SOON! I think my friends at work were also a little shocked that it came so soon. Well we started working on Wednesday night and he knew them perfectly by Friday morning...I was very impressed with him. So today he came back from school and I asked him how his sight words test was and he said HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE IT! Frustrating! I'm really confused when he was going to test them. I did try and call to find out but the line was busy to the school. So I'm not real sure when she's going to ask them if they know the words. 1 week down, several to go! :-)
This weekend is going to be wonderful. The weather is suppose to be beautiful and we all have Monday off! Yea! Tomorrow I think we are going to go to Kenosha and go to the Jelly Belly Factory and maybe let the kids play on the beach at Lake Michigan. Jacque told me it's beautiful up there. We also wanted to take the kids into the Rainforest Cafe because we have a gift certificate there. On Sunday is one of my co workers son's birthday parties and we were going to go to their house. Monday I would really like to go to the pool on the last day before they all close. I can't believe summer is just about over and here we come fall! I am excited about fall though because of all the craft shows and the pumpkin patch and apple orchard. Hey does anyone know if the Apple Orchard is opening up again this year? I heard that they're rebuilding it but I wasn't sure when it was going to open?
Anyway I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and be safe. Until next time...

2 comments:

Jacque said...

There is a huge Harley Davidson show in Kenosha this weekend...so a lot is going on with that. My hubby will love it I'm sure. Don't forget to call me if you come up. Also, my niece went to Edwards yesterday and got me some cider :) Yes, they are open for business...bring on fall!

Candi Tardio said...

thanks for the birthday wishes! have fun in kenosha!!!
can't wait to get to the orchard!!!!!!